aribalo fill

Because of the missing upper section of the vessel, some of the joins are not well supported.  This fragment only attaches on one side and needs extra support.  Conservators sometimes do something called "gap-filling" to fill missing areas to keep certain fragments in place.  The red arrow points to an area where a fill was placed (made up of a mixture of a resin known as Paraloid B-72 mixed with a material called glass microballoons to make it thicker)

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *