Changing your profile picture
This website allows users to have an avatar associated with their profile. As there are several services out there that can already produce portable avatars, we didn’t want to reinvent the wheel! So we have decided to use Gravatar – a web service provided by the team that is behind the WordPress blogging platform. It simply encodes your email address and looks it up against their server and reproduces your image that you store with them and associate with your account. By doing this, your avatar can appear on any site that is Gravatar enabled.
To get a Gravatar, follow these steps:
- Go to Gravatar’s website and choose the signup option at http://en.gravatar.com
- Enter your email address and submit the form.
- After a short wait, you should receive a new email about activating your account with them.
- Now follow their instructions to activate your account.
- Once activated, you need to choose an email address to associate the image you will be uploading as your avatar with. (You can add more email addresses later to use the same or different icons).
- Now follow the steps to upload and crop your desired image.
- Once uploaded, your gravatar will be available at sites that use the gravatar system.
We only accept G-rated images – sorry, we’re a family friendly site and organisation.